Mark your calendars for the 15th Annual Bryn Du Art Show! Opening night will be Tuesday, March 5th. Open hours for this amazing show will be March 6 -24. Times to be announced. For up-to-the moment updates, please “like” our facebook page at www.facebook.com/BrynDuDoesArt!
2019 BRYN DU ART SHOW SUBMISSION PROSPECTUS
About the Bryn Du Art Show
The Bryn Du Art Show is an annual juried exhibition held at the beautiful Bryn Du Mansion. Just east of Columbus, this historic Federal style mansion has dominated the landscape of the 52-acre estate in the charming Village of Granville, Ohio since 1905. This year’s 15th Annual Art Show will be held from March 5-24, 2019 featuring current works of visual art by both professional and amateur artists. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three winners in both the professional and amateur category. Free and open to the public, the Art Show is sponsored and/or supported by the Bryn Du Commission, the Village of Granville, the Ohio Arts Council, the Granville Arts Council and Ohio Magazine.
· All submitting artists must be US residents who are a minimum of 18 years old.
· No previously accepted artwork will be considered. Current art work only, please.
· Two-dimensional and three-dimensional visual art works, including photography, will be considered.
· There is a $35 entry fee for up to three (3) works. Fees are due at time of submission and are non-refundable.
· The decision to accept or reject submissions is at the sole discretion of the Bryn Du Commission.
· The Bryn Du Art Show is an event for all ages. Age-inappropriate submissions will not be accepted, and no refunds will be made.
· All entries are due by 11:59PM on January 15, 2019. No exceptions will be made.
· You will be notified of your accepted or declined status via email on or before February 8, 2019 unless otherwise determined.
· All accepted work must remain at Bryn Du Mansion for the entirety of the art show.
· The Bryn Du Art Show reserves the right to remove any artwork at any time during the exhibit.
· The Bryn Du Art Show maintains the right to reject any work that differs from the corresponding entry information or that fails to maintain the exhibit's standards.
· The Bryn Du Art Show and Village of Granville reserve the right to reproduce images of accepted work in support of its programming in perpetuity.
· The Bryn Du Art Show will handle artwork with the greatest of care. However, insurance, if desired for shipping, exhibition or any other reason, is the responsibility of the individual artist. Neither the Village of Granville, nor the Bryn Du Art Show, will be liable for loss or damage to any work submitted to this art show.
· Accepted works should be delivered to the Bryn Du Mansion (537 Jones Rd., Granville, Ohio) on Saturday, March 2, 2019 between 12-2pm. Any work delivered later than 2pm on the 2nd will be refused unless other arrangements have been made. Please note: All work must be ready to install upon delivery (cleats, d-rings, custom hardware, etc.). If a piece is not framed, it must be gallery wrapped (its sides must be painted). Works on paper using magnets or pins are also acceptable.
· Artists are responsible for picking up their works on Sunday, March 24, 2019 between 4-6pm unless other arrangements have been made. Artwork may not be removed prior to the conclusion of the exhibit.
· If an artist is unable to hand-deliver and/or pick-up his or her artwork, he or she is responsible for the cost of shipping and delivery of art works. Neither the Village of Granville, nor the Bryn Du Art Show, will be liable for loss or damage to any work submitted to this art show as a result of or during the process of shipping or delivery.
Artists should price their submitted work for sale or identify it as “not for sale” on the online or physical submission form. The price as listed on the submission form will be so listed in the Art Show program. No changes will be made. Sold works will be released to the buyer at the end of the Art Show. Art purchases will be accepted throughout the run of the Art Show dates. Artists will be paid for sold works at the conclusion of the show. Artists are responsible for the payment of any and all applicable taxes. The Bryn Du Commission shall receive a 10% commission of the listed price from the artist for works sold. Artists must pay the commission at the conclusion of the Art Show and prior to receiving payment for sold works.
By choosing to submit art to the show for consideration you are acknowledging and agreeing to the above guidelines.
Please enjoy a few photographs from the 2018 event below. Opening night photography is courtesy of Bryan Ghiloni Photography! For more of Bryan's photos and our in-the-moment candids, please visit us at www.facebook.com/BrynDuDoesArt.